Option 1: Quick & Easy
Edit the terms in the boxes below then click the generate button. You can separate terms with commas or line breaks. Bookmark the resulting page (Ctrl + D) to re-use it.
Option 2: Google Sheets
Step 1: Modify the Google Spreadsheet Template
- Make a copy of this template. (You'll need to sign-in with your Google account.)
- Edit the Terms.
- Optional: Edit the background colors in the Color column.
- Default color background color is white.
- You may use any valid HTML color name or color code.
- Colors will automatically be lightened so that the black text is still legible.
- Name your manipulatives by changing the name of the worksheet (at the bottom).
- Do not edit any cell with a blue background.
Step 2: Publish Your Spreadsheet
- Go to File, Share, Publish to web, then click Publish.
Step 3: Get Your juegosorientar.com Link
- Click on the Get the Link Here tab of the template (at the bottom).
- Click on the juegosorientar.com link to view your manipulatives.
Step 4: Bookmark and Share
- Bookmark the page to find it again quickly.
- Share the juegosorientar.com link with anyone you want to see your manipulatives.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change the font?
Can I change the background?
- Yes, there are 13 stock backgrounds: White Fridge, Two Column, Three Column, Four Column, Two Row, Three Row, Four Grid, Six Grid, Eight Grid, Venn Diagram, Wood Grain, Stainless Steel, and World.
- Once the juegosorientar link is loaded, users can change the background by clicking the settings gear in the lower-right and selecting from the dropdown menu.
- You can customize the list of backgrounds by editing the Backgrounds tab in the spreadsheet.
- The first background listed (in row 2) will show up by default.
- You can also use your own custom images as backgrounds. Name your background in the Name column. Provide a link to your online image in the URL column.
Can I use multimedia with my manipulatives?
- Yes, but you can either use multimedia or text, not both.
Just paste the URL (address) of a picture you find on the web in the appropriate cell.
- URLs must end in ".gif", ".png", ".jpg", ".jpeg", or ".webp".
- You cannot use Google Drive to store your images.
- You can use Google Drawings. Use the "Publish to the web…" link.
- Images are automatically resized.
- Smaller images load quicker.
- (You may use text or an image in a cell, but not both.)
- YouTube Videos
- Simply paste the YouTube "Share this video" link in the appropriate cell.
- The link should look like this: https://youtu.be/GFIvXVMbII0.
- After you insert your equation images into the spreadsheet, you'll need to make a few changes:
- E.g. change =IMAGE("https://equatio-api.texthelp.com/svg/%5Cfrac%7B3%7D%7Bx-2%7D") to
- Tip: Once you have inserted all your EquatIO equations, use Find/Replace to remove all instances of =IMAGE(" and ")
- Just paste the Desmos share link in the appropriate cell.
- The link should look like this: https://www.desmos.com/calculator/sycumu9ek9.
- (Desmos graphs may take a few moments to load.)
- Record or upload your audio and click "Save."
- Copy the link you see under "Sharing options" and paste it in the appropriate cell.
- (The link should look like this: https://voca.ro/s0hjIx1Etnc9.)
- (Vocaroo recordings expire after a few months.)
Is there a way I can display some instructions first?
- Yes, anywhere in your list of terms type [[Instructions: followed by your instructions, then type ]].
- E.g. [[Instructions: Move each label to the correct continent]]